Monday, April 30, 2012

Pasta!!

So, I'm sure that many of you noticed that I didn't  post anything on Friday.  That's because Friday is the one day of the week when my son gets to eat what he refers to as a "normal" lunch at school. For the last several years I have insisted on making their lunches everyday with the exception of Fridays.  On Fridays they get to be just like everyone else and stand in the lunch line.  At my son's school, it's pizza day.  They use that term loosely as what they serve looks, tastes and smells like nothing I would feed them at home, but he likes to be with his buddies in the lunch line, and since it means that I get to sleep in one morning, I don't mind letting him eat pizza and ice cream for the sake of fitting in.

Today, though, it's back to the healthy UNboring lunch box.  I'm sure that today's pasta salad complete with mozzarella cheese, salami, pepperoncinis, olives and tomatoes is going to be a huge success and will hopefully be a frequent request. I had some myself for lunch and it was delicious!  I also included some veggie sticks and melon just to make sure that no one comes home hungry (well, any more hungry than usual!).

No comments:

Post a Comment